This course explores specific topics in an in-depth manner that requires participants to engage in deeper critical thinking which can be articulated into advanced practice, enhancing professional practice and leadership in the provision of spiritual care as an integral component of palliative care.
This course is for:
- Health care professionals who have completed the Fundamentals course who want to build upon that knowledge base and continue to develop their skills to improve patient outcomes
- Board certified chaplains wishing to enhance preparation for a specialty palliative certification from a certifying organization
- Chaplaincy/pastoral care department directors who meet the course requirements and desire to build upon the expertise and contributions of the palliative care team
This course provides 48 hours of continuing education.
- Must have computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work online
- Successfully completed the Fundamentals course OR have at least one year's experience working in any discipline in palliative care
Course Cohort Schedule Start Dates
Note: Each cohort runs for 6 weeks.