2022 Westberg Symposium
The International Westberg Symposium is the premier gathering of faith community nurses (FCNs) that provides an international platform for nurses who are serving as FCNs or parish nurses in communities around the world.
2022 Westberg Symposium at the Caring for the Human Spirit Conference
Theme: Embracing a Bright Future: diversity in faith community nursing practice
Diversity is multifaceted. Culture, race, religion, and practice setting are only a few of the influences faith community nurses combine to provide wholistic care. Along with diversity, the multifaceted aspects of healthcare also influence the future of our specialty practice.
Purpose of Symposium
The symposium is the premier gathering of faith community nurses (FCNs) that provide a platform for nurses who are serving as FCNs or parish nurses in their communities around the world. The 2022 symposium will facilitate the exchange of nursing and spiritual care information, novel ideas, insights from research and practice regarding the ever-expanding role of technology in the compassionate care of the human spirit.
- Positive aspects of addressing diversity that encourage acceptance and mutual support for all.
- Utilizing the arts in health promotion and healing (art, music, movement, dance, etc.)
- Practice settings serving unique populations or providing unique services to promote health equity.
- Ideas, examples, and research to move the specialty practice forward.
Outcomes of this conference: Participants will self-report at least one aspect of diversity and the arts in health promotion and healing that they intend to incorporate into current practice.
The Research Forum facilitated by FCNI will be offered as a post-conference to all participants again this year at no extra charge.
Top 3 reasons why you should attend the 2022 Westberg Symposium:
- Although we cannot be together live, via technology still provides fellowship, interaction among colleagues, and new friendships and professional connections.
- Diversity and the arts in health promotion are not only integral components of professional practice, but also aid in the self-care practices of health professionals.
- As a professional nurse, the 2022 Westberg Symposium will keep you up to date on specialty practice developments while providing relevant ANCC accredited continuing nursing professional development contact hours.