SCA Chaplains Prayer of Commitment
As a professional chaplain and member of the Spiritual Care Association, I do solemnly affirm by the spirit of life:
- that I will respect the religious and spiritual traditions of my patients, colleagues, as well as my own;
- that I will lead my life and practice the art and science of spiritual care in an honorable and ethical manner;
- that into whatsoever circumstance I enter, it shall be for the well-being of the people entrusted to my care;
- that I will respect the confidentiality of those who put their trust in me;
- that I will affirm the inherent worth and dignity of all;
- that I will promote peace among all people valuing our diverse gifts and celebrating our common origins.
May God grant in us the strength and inspiration to continue in this noble service.