Empowering Rehabilitation Professionals to Integrate Spiritual Care
Course Author: Sue Wintz, M.Div., APBCC, BCC
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Define spirituality, summarize the unique ways in which it may be expressed by persons, and identify its benefits.
- Describe the concepts of spiritual care, including differentiating between spiritual, pastoral and chaplaincy care.
- Recognize and illustrate the value of spiritual care in rehabilitation settings.
- Differentiate between specialist and generalist spiritual care and the role of each.
- Screen and evaluate patients and families to determine beliefs and values important to them and who would benefit from specialist spiritual care.
- Distinguish unique elements of the spiritual care delivery process.
- Conduct a spiritual care conversation.
- Health Care Disciplines and Spirituality
- Definition of Spirituality
- Differentiating Spirituality and Religion
- Spirituality’s Unique Expressions
- Benefits of Spirituality and Spiritual Well-Being
- Spiritual Distress
- Spiritual Care
- Specialist Spiritual Care
- Generalist Spiritual Care
- Spiritual Screening
- Spiritual Care Conversations