Effective Communication Techniques for Healthcare Professionals
Course Author: Brian Hughes, BCC
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Recognize effective listening habits and skills and a systematic method of listening behavior.
- Define and describe effective verbal communication practices and skills.
- Define and describe effected non-verbal communication practices and skills.
- Identify the principles of effective group communication and various roles and norms in a group communication process.
- Identify conflict resolution strategies and develop a personal, constructive approach to dealing with conflict situations.
- Explain and describe the concept of negotiation when working with patients, families, and staff.
- Summarize steps involved in communication to enhance goal clarification.
- Introduction to Communication
- Communication and Miscommunication Concepts
- Understand effective listening habits and skills and a systematic method of listening behavior
- Nonverbal Communication
- Group Communication
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiation
- Communication to enhance goal clarification